Saturday, November 27, 2010

I promise to be better...



























I promised once I had the baby I would start blogging again. I am not going to try to catch up on the last year but I will just do a few of the most recent events. Life has been crazy.

This pregnancy was a bit tougher than the last but it was well worth it. Sophia is the best baby ever. She only cries when she is hungry and sleeps like a champ. It has been such a different experience than my first time around. I feel like I can relax and enjoy her. Maybe it's because she is not screaming at me all the time or maybe it's that I am more relaxed this time around. I got induced on Thursday the 18th. I called at 7 to see when I was supposed to come in and they told me they weren't ready for me yet but that they were hoping to get me in by 12. We decided to take Brylee bowling while we waited. That is her new found love. We were about halfway through our game and they called me to come in. I got there at about noon. They broke my water at about 1:30. I immediately started having contractions. I told her I was ready for my epidural and she said "Oh I am sorry honey he just went in on a c-section and it will be about an hour. That made me a bit stressed, but I think I handled it pretty well. He came right in when he got done. They checked me at about 4:30 and I was only at a 3 still so I figured it wouldn't be until 8 or 9. Well my nurse got stuck in the other room and so noone had checked me for a long time. At about 6 I started feeling lots of pressure and so I said I think someone should check me. My doctor came in and checked me and said you're at about a 6 I mean an 8 and then the next thing I knew I was pushing. It happened so fast. I went from a 3 to a 10 in about an hour. I pushed for six minutes and she was here. It was such an awesome experience. Brylee has been so excited. She is such a good little helper. She always wants to hold her and talks to her like we do. I think she has been a bit out of sorts but overall has handled it well. She hasn't seemed jealous or anything. I have Steve scared because I told him I could probably do six kids if babies are like this one. We will just have to see how it goes.

Brylee turned three. I can't believe it. She grew up so fast. She is at such a fun age. She talks like crazy and has some serious sass. The other day Steve and her went to go get a Christmas Tree and when she came home she said Mom, do you want a train and I said did you buy a train? She said but mom don't be mad. Steve had her all prepped on how to break the news to me. I love her so much. She was such a tough baby but I am glad because I see it in her personality today and it is what I love about her.

Uncle Michael came home from the DR. It has been nice having him home. He is awesome with Brylee. She loves him. He got taller while he was gone and he got a lot more honest. He couldn't get over how white Brylee's skin is. He kept saying why is she so white. She has fair skin already and he hadn't seen a white person in a while. He is a good kid.

Brylee was Belle for Halloween. She is obsessed with the movie. She asks me to watch it every day. We hung out with Steve's family that day and then went trick or treating with my family and had dinner at my moms. It was pouring rain but it was still a lot of fun for all the cousins to go trick or treating together.

I will try and be better about posting. I am loving life right now and loving having a new baby. I haven't really had to be on my own too much with two kids but we will see how I do. Steve has been able to take a lot of time off work and my mom, sister and aunt have been helping a lot too. I am so glad Brylee is a little helper and that she loves her sister.

Now I am going to go be entertained by my husband prancing around the house like a little girl watching the BYU/Utah game. It is very entertaining.

7 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute. I love all the pictures. I'm so bad at keeping my blog updated too. I love looking at others blogs. I loved Brylee's birthday cupcakes they were so cute did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Both your girls are adorable....and one day we need to get Brylee's backpack to you guys! Now that you have a cute new baby and my newborn is 7 months old - it would be a good time! ; ) Glad this one has been better...I definitely enjoyed my second as a baby better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT Ang!!! I'm so glad you posted. I love all of the pics! Your girls are the cutest. I hope I get to see you over Christmas, I need to meet Sophia. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is so sweet!!! so good to see you guy's on here :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for posting again! Your girls are darling, and I am going to have to hold that baby soon now that I am all better :) I feel the same way about Logan that you do about Sophia. I told Matt I would have a bunch more if I knew they would all be easy like him. However, Luke is pushing it with the terrible two's lately! Loved your post, and I am glad you are loving life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love my girls. i want to hold sophie and beg brylee to love me some more. bum foot or not, christmas shopping here we come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Ang i'm so happy for you! Sophia is beautiful!! and Brylee looks just like you :) so of course she is beautiful too!
    2 girls, so fun!
    so glad you've decided to start blogging again !

    ReplyDelete